Saturday, March 25, 2006

Verdes Restaurant in Eccleston


It's only when I start to read what I have written, that I realise my ramblings are a little one pointed, in that I only seem to write about things I notice when I am out and about.

But what else can I do? I mean, 'The cats not been looking to well, least not for the last few days...', or 'The neighbors are looking as miserable as ever......' or 'I am so disappointed with my new surround sound system....'.

See, it's not the same is it? You really couldn't be expected to give a damn about my cat, my neighbours or my new surround sound system. So I am only left to talk about things around Wrightington that you too may know or have experienced. Only then can you rise from your life of possible semi-stupor, (for that is what could possibly be indicated if you are reading this), and say 'Yes, I strongly agree with this fine fellow' or 'What a load of bollocks'.

So, it is with a growing sense of shame that I stick to the subject of eating out. It's hardly surprising really. I mean, I do eat out rather a lot. Usually once a day, sometimes twice. I used to adore cooking. I lost myself in french cuisine, oriental flaring stir-frys, meticulous central european 'peasant' recipes... then I got a life. I just haven't got the interest anymore. Somewhere, between a hastily reheated lasagne and a particularly unmemorable Lobster Bisque, the chef in me just.... died.

So now I go out to eat. I expect good food. After all, it's not a lot to ask. It's not as if cooking food is difficult. I expect good service. After all, giving someone what they want, with a vague look of a smile on your kisser, in exchange for money, is a simple task. Least it should be.

When I want a totally predictable plate of good food, with excellent service, I go to Verdes Italian Restaurant in Eccleston. It is a veritable oasis of happiness and good cooking.

For a start, all the staff smile, even when they are run off their feet. The Manager, I think his name is Gabrielle, is a true professional. He treats everybody, young and old, alike. He is warm and friendly. His chef is a good cook. And what else is there to say? Nothing. Good food. Good staff. No wonder the place is always busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home