Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Harrock Hill, Wrightington



Today is Tuesday 28th February 2006. It is just past midnight.
If I don't do this now, I never will.
I promised myself I would start this blog in February, so I guess I have succeeded in achieving a minor goal.

Earlier today, Monday, was a beautiful, crisp, promise-of-spring kind of day.
I like to walk sometimes... and today I walked.
I ended up going over Harrock Hill, across the fields to the old windmill.
The ground was hard, barely above freezing.

I didn't see too much wildlife today, it must have been hiding. Just as well really.
The usual monday crowd were out.
Chaps in cheap coats, waving sticks, beating frozen dead ferns, chasing pheasants and partridge towards chaps in expensive coats and even more expensive guns.

I said 'Hello' to the nearest beater. He looked up briefly but said nothing, he lowered his head into his coat and I wandered on.
I guess he didn't hear me.
Least, I hope he didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home